Thursday 27 October 2016

Help, I'm addicted to Bella Freud ..............






Hi Lovelies,


Well, it all started innocently enough with a sweater that I found on sale last year.
I didn't buy because it was a designer brand - I fell in love with the burgundy and yellow colours that just went together so nicely (I think these colours look fab with blue denim), and the cute 'Blondes' motif spoke loudly to me!



and not long after I purchased it I started seeing it on some cute celebs. This always makes me love things more, because what can I tell you - I am incredibly (fashion) shallow!



There is something so comforting about a sweater. It signals the start of a new season and makes you instantly feel snuggly.  My mum will disagree with this as she hates to feel things tight around her neck, but I love the cosiness of wearing a jumper.
 Bella Freud cuts hers with a lovely long arm so they cover the hands which is my most favourite sweater thing EVER, and is incredibly handy if you haven't had a manicure ...

So, for those who don't know of her, Bella Freud is a London based fashion designer with impressive credentials! Daughter of the artist Lucien Freud and great granddaughter of the psycho analysis Sigmund Freud.

Bella is perhaps best known for her iconic 'Ginsberg is God' sweater - It was created as a tribute to the American Poet Allen Ginsberg and has seemed to be around for ever.



She created her other iconic sweater "Je t'aims Jane for Jane Birkin.
Jane had mistaken Bella's 'Ginsberg is God' jumper for Gainsbourg is God - thinking it was a reference to her musician lover Serge Gainsbourg (awkward!!!)
So Bella thought she should rectify this with another jumper design. Hence Je t'aimes Jane is on the front, with Gainsbourg is God on the back and the name Serve on the sleeve.
What a cute story!!





By far my most favourite of her designs is the 1970 sweater (it is her bestseller) so this was the one I REALLY wanted next. The placing of the 1970 is just perfect against the white. Its hard to explain but it just compliments it somehow.

Bella came up with this particular design while messing around on a photocopier .......

'I spied the date 1970 printed in the corner of a page of the book I was leafing through. Inspirited, I kept blowing it up, then cut it out and pinned it onto my black jumper. It had a rough charm that made me think of the early New York punk scene in the 70's, and Patti Smith'
and so I started my 1970 love with a beautiful baby blue colour
(it's a cotton mix so not a heavyweight at all)


I cannot tell you how happy this particular jumper makes me!
I love everything about it.

but, you know - its not a THICK jumper, so you need one of these for colder days too surely?

and so then this one found me .........




and if I thought that I loved the blue, well this one is EVERYTHING!!!
I think its the retro red, against the white (it helps that I love Arsenal too) - I absolutely adore this jumper. I purchased this one from Matches Fashion when I had a £100 off voucher


Fearne likes this one too!!

So I would love to tell you that I was now satisfied.
Yeah Right! The obsession continues and if anything is getting worse.
I 'needed' a black one - did I go for another 1970 or the very gorgeous Rainbow one
(the Rainbow is mohair so its super fluffy!)

So I decided on the rainbow one - I told you, I have a problem



and guess what, yes, Fearne's at it again!!


It should be delivered tomorrow and I am so excited about it ...... Sooooooo why am I still craving the black 1970?
Perhaps, if I just got that one - I might be then done ............ !!!




If anybody knows of a cure, please hit me up with it.
Maybe Sweaters Anonymous, Fashion Rehab or a 12 Step Programme?
Ooooh do you think she makes one that says 12 Steps on it ..........




Thanks for reading xx

No comments: